Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

Literal:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am8FNtUFpylUdHhnZnlJVlVZS3pKbElXOFFLbVJ1aWc#gid=0

Interpretive:
The most important thing that I gained from this experience is that it helped me become a better overall player and more disciplined because I used to just show up to games just a couple of years ago and my team wouldn't even train, meaning it wasn't as serious for me as it is now. I became a better defense in specific thanks to all the tips Leo Espinoza gave me and him dedicating his time to help me become better in that position which meant I could go to my games and be more efficient in my team. With becoming a better defender came the mastering of certain skills such as slide tackling and protecting the ball. The fact that he played as a defender as a main position in most, if not all his teams, and the fact that he played for the Cal Poly soccer team made his advice much more valuable. Hopefully with this, I can accomplish my goal of being able to play college soccer.

Applied:
This has helped me answer my EQ because I was able to learn and experience for myself what a soccer player must go through during the season before games. I did all the training and most skills most players must master in order to become efficient and essential for the team. I was able to practice some tactics used during games and realized how efficient they are, such as the overlapping tactic I would practice with Leo. I realized how important these sessions became because I would incorporate what I pick up during those sessions into actual games I would play.

No comments:

Post a Comment